Hi! - I need to move soon. I'm thinking of moving somewhere furnished temporarilly, and then later moving to someplace UNfurnished later. In either case, I am very interested in possibly moving to Asheville.
I am disabled with CFIDS, but do not need disability housing. I need something very inexpensive. I just hope for things like:
- being close to a busline
- a progressive college atmosphere
- garage, because I might have a car
- Section 8 apartments?
- a garden
- hopefully I won't disturb neighbours on those rare occasions when I sing
- I hope to keep my dog, and vice versa
- close to natural foods, etc.
- close to library
- I’ve been great w/ having roommates in the past – (though these were temporary leases – that was the main drawback – I don’t want to have to be forced to move a lot).
And I wonder about, if necessary, how I might transfer things like Medicaid, Medicare, Section 8 Voucher to your state - or if I must reapply there. I'm looking into these things.
How does your city stack up? Would it be friendly to a nice, creative, intelligent, musical single guy like me who mainly wants to mind his own business, and save money, until either he recovers from CFIDS or else he makes it big after writing the Great American Novel?
I am also looking into other progressive cities. I'd be grateful for any input. I need to move soon, but have no destination yet. Thanks!!!